Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Review
The Tomme Tippee Perfect Prep machine is recommended to make feeding your newborn a much simpler affair. Especially during those middle-of-the-night feeds where the last thing you want is to be staring at a kettle, watching it boil. We’ve taken a deep dive into the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine. Looking at both the good and bad in detail. As well as checking out everything it has to offer, to help you make an informed decision.
Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Overview
The Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine uses a connected tank of water and a filtration system to make a bottle to the perfect temperature for your baby. It is designed to replace the need for a kettle when making your baby’s feed. Using a short burst of 70°C water to kill bacteria before topping up with cool water to meet the perfect temp (hence the name “Perfect Prep”). It makes the bottle within two minutes and can be used to make feeds anywhere up to 11 oz. The finished bottle should be 40°C.
The aim is to eliminate the need to stand around waiting for the kettle to boil and then having to wait a further 15-20 minutes for it to cool down again. During which time baby can become extremely agitated. Especially if you were late on starting the bottle prep and they were already getting hungry by the time you started boiling the kettle.
How To Use The Perfect Prep
Here are some basic instructions on how to use a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Day & Night machine. More detailed instructions can be found with the machine. But this should give
Before using the perfect prep machine make sure your bottles are fully sterilised. It can prep bottles perfectly, but it doesn’t sterilise them. That needs to be done beforehand. Then fit the filter and run a cleaning cycle before making your first bottle. This is done by topping up the tank (with cold water), pressing the select button and following the instructions given. The cleaning cycle will take about 10 minutes to complete. Once it is done the machine will notify you that the tank is empty. It will now be ready to use.
Make a Bottle
- Top up the water tank. If it is not full enough it will notify you with an error message on the digital display.
- Select the feed size. This machine is capable of making bottles up to 11oz. Pick how big of a bottle you need to make.
- Follow on-screen instructions. Once you have started the bottle, the screen will provide you with instructions as to when you should shake the bottle, and when it’s ready for you to use.
What We Love
- The bottle-making time is only two minutes from start to finish, provided the bottle you’re using in already sterilised.
- There is a soft glow around the bottle and tank machine that is easy on the eyes in the middle of the night.
- The sound can be adjusted to be less jarring.
- It removes the stress of needing to finish a bottle quickly when you have a hungry baby.
- The instructions from the machine are clear and concise.
What We Don’t Love
- The machine starts at 4oz, which can result in wasted milk.
- Even though the sound can be adjusted, the water dispensing can be quite loud.
- Daily cleaning of the machine can be a bit of a hassle.
Perfect Prep Full Starter Kit
So besides the standard Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Day & Night machine, you can also get it combined with a Tommee Tippee steriliser, electronic bottle water, 8 bottles (with a cleaning brush), and two bottle insulators to keep them warm on your travels. The Day & Night Perfect Prep Feeding Kit is often on offer. And if you’re lucky enough to find it at a discounted price, it’s definitely worth the investment! It quite literally contains everything you could need for feeding your baby (besides the formula of course.)
Is it safe to use Tommee Tippee prep machine?
Yes. The Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine is perfectly safe to use owing to the fact that it utilizes 70°C water to break down any bacteria in the powder. The only thing you should remember is that the bottles themselves still need to be sterilised before use.
Is Tommee Tippee perfect prep worth it?
That’s entirely up to you to decide. As a mother myself I’d say it would be worth having one to save yourself the hassle and panic of having to try and pre-determine when your baby will want their food so that you can let their bottle cool in time. When you’re making 8-10 bottles a day it can wear on you. But something like this could make it a lot easier. Especially when you’re feeding them at 2am!
Does Tommee Tippee prep machine kill bacteria?
The Perfect Prep machine dispenses a small amount of 70°C water into the powder (known as a “hot spot”). This hot spot is done to destroy bacteria in the powder before it passes through the filter. Just be sure to replace the filter every 3 months. Fortunately, they don’t cost too much to replace, with a multi-pack costing around £20.
What does a Tommee Tippee prep machine do?
As the name would suggest, the perfect prep machine makes the perfect baby bottle. Not only does it make the bottle to the perfect temperature, but it does so in 2 minutes and can be done with one hand. Simply fill the tank with water, add the powder into the bottle, and let the machine do the rest.